Thursday, May 04, 2006

My Saddest and Happiest Moment; only a Five minutes interval

It happened on a Thursday afternoon the 19th of January, during the spring orientation when I led parents for a tour round the temporary campus. We proceeded to the permanent site with the school bus as the University Public relations officers toke the lead this time. The next point was Abti Press (a publication house) before going to the club house.

While in the printing house, I saw the AAUN monthly newsletter just being printed. On the first page were students who are in the merit list (President and Dean's lists). I browse through, though I knew that I would not be one, since I did not performed up to expectation. But it reminded me of many of my lapses and things I took for granted during the last semester which robbed me of this opportunity, and I became sad.


Just then his Excellency, Vice-President Atiku Abubarkar came with his entourage and I was introduced and invited for a handshake, as a student who led parents for the campus tour. I was so overwhelmed that I felt I had won the greatest award on earth. It was a unique opportunity and in short, my happiest moment.

No comments: