Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Concrete and Abstract Learning Styles

I now know my learning style and it is helping me to learn effectively.
Do you know yours?

1. When you have difficult time understanding how something workds, it helps most if you can
a) see how it works several times
or
b) take time to think the process through and analyze it.

2. When I learn somethink new, I am more interested in
a) the facts about it
or
b) the principles behind

3. If you kept a journal or diary, it would most likely contain entries about
a)what happens t me each day
or
b) the insights and ideas that occur to me each day

4. I prefer television news prolgrams that
a) summarize events through film footage and factual description
or
b) deal with the issues behind the events

5. IF I were an author, I would most likely write
a) bilgraphies or how-to books
or
b) novels or poetry

6. I pride myself on myu ability to
a) remember numbers and facts
or
b) see how ideas are related

7. When I read a story or watch a film, I prefer on with a plot that is
a) clear and direct
or
b) intricate and complex

If you have more a's, you are a concrete learner
but if you have more b's then you are an abstract learner

Adapted from Successful College Writing by Kathleen T. McWhorter

No comments: