Thursday, September 28, 2006

The Story I know Nothing About

As I picked up a high school magazine from the serial section of our school library, titled Voices of the Queens, a publication of Government Girls' Secondeary School, Yola, this morning, I found in the Riddles page a creative writing by one Atuna Dauda. It interested me and I thought I should post it on my blog 'cos I like blogging. It's titled:

The Story I know Nothing About

Goddnight Ladies and Gentlemen
I stand before you to sit behind to tell you a story I know nothing about.

Before that any way, listen to this announcement.

There is going to be a general men's meeting for women only.
while coming put on your best clothes since you have none.

Admission is the only if you can pay at the gate.
There's going to be lot's of chairs but you'll have to sit on the floor.
Anyone who comes early would be given a from seat at the back of the hall.

Now to my story.
One bright morning in the middle of the might, two sick men woke up to fight.
Back to back they faced each other.
Bought out their sword and shot each other.
A deaf policeman heard the sound and ran to the spot where the sick men lay.
However, if you think that my stay is a lie, then ask the blind men and women. They saw it too.

No comments: