Friday, January 02, 2009

"Speecheless" by Micheal Jackson

I can't believe how and why I fell in love with this song Speechless, by the music genius Micheal Jackson whom you can also call the Miko Wacko Jacko. On coming to school this afternoon, I went to see the new dorms under construction and also saw the atheletic field that is being constructed. After collecting my bag which contains my laptop from the security, I boot it and checked my mail. Somehow, I have not listen for good music for a while now. Ok, you would not believe that I don't have electricity in my room where I live off campus even though my neigbour have. So, let me not tell you then because you think I can't be that lazy as to not connecting light to my room when I could do it myself. I also have a brother/ friend who could do it for me free. By Brother I mean we hail from the same place Benin, he is Mr Luggard and works as an electrician here in the PPDU unit of the university. So, ask me why I still want to remain in darkness. The truth is that I don't know. Meanwhile, I bought a small radio that uses just two batter and it got weak. I was just too lazy to replace it. Can you imagine how this holiday have made me lazy. At times, I sleep till 8.00 am in the morning. I a morning person who normally never sleep more than 6 am. Yes, I still do wake up at 6am but this time I take third round of sleep not taking into congnizance that I need to resume work sharply at 9.00 am. Oh, I did not tell you I have a vacation job. Yes, I do. I work in the admissions offfice. It is a good time to get some pay you know because in three weeks time, it will be back to school. I might still be engaged in work-study program during the semester anyway. But the working hours is limited to 10 hours a week for a pay rate of $2 per hour. Anyway, that is just by the way side.

As for why I am now lazy, I think my friend, Daniel Iyade is to blame. It is he who says I should be resting. He says I seem to work too hard and such definately reduces efficiency. So that's probably why I am never an "A" student even right from high school despite my hardwork. It is true I am a "work aholik". What many people don't also know is that I am also a bibliophite. I just like being around with books. Many a time you see me going to class with book or with my bag. Of course my laptop and books are the contents of the bag. But the truth is most times I don't even read the book. I work on my laptop or maybe just look at the pictures in my books. That's if the book have pictures anyway, which is rarely the case you know.


Well, let laziness not deviate us from the topic. It is about a song that I fell in love with. It is so touching that I can't resist not blogging about it. Blogging, you know is one of my hobbies. I seemed to have abandoned it last year and a year before. But as everyone was making new year resolutions I deceided that I should also make one and let blogging come to life. I use to feel new year resolutions are for kids, you know and probably those have not been very responsible and trying to be responsible. I remember when we were kids, we will say this new year I will try to be very neat and would not insult anyone. Generally striving to be perfect, you know. But there are also people that do think they need to stop smoking or drinking, so make resolutions that they would become responsible in that regard. Pardon my use of responsible in this sense.


Ok, here is the lyrics for the song Speechless.


Your love is magical, that's how I feel
But I have not the words here to explain
Gone is the grace for expressions of passion
But there are worlds and worlds of ways to explain
To tell you how I feel

But I am speechless, speechless
That's how you make me feel
Though I'm with you
I am far away and nothing is for real
When I'm with you I am lost for words,
I don't know what to say

My head's spinning like a carousel, so silently I pray
Helpless and hopeless, that's how I feel inside
Nothing's real, but all is possible if God is on my side

When I'm with you I am in the light where I cannot be found
It's as though I am standing in the place called Hallowed Ground

Speechless, speechless, that's how you make me feel
Though I'm with you I am far away and nothing is for real
I'll go anywhere and do anything just to touch your face
There's no mountain high I cannot climb I'm humbled in your grace

Speechless, speechless, that's how you make me feel
Though I'm with you I am lost for words and nothing is for real

Speechless, speechless, that's how you make me feel
Though I'm with you I am far away, and nothing is for real

Speechless, speechless, that's how you make me feel
Though I'm with you I am lost for words and nothing is for real
Speechless

Your love is magical, that's how I feel
But in your presence I am lost for words Words like, "I love you."

Click here to view the song on you tube.

Truly speaking, I love this song. You can't believe that tears is running down my cheek as I play it. It is so charmy and alluring. I don't even know the words to describe it. Observe the cadence -the rise and fall of the tone. It's just effable. It makes me think of one particular girl I met once in my life (in FUTY where I worked while I dropped away from school) whom I admired on the first and only -what would probably be the last, day I met. I was just speechless. I could not express my feelings at that instant. Maybe it was because I was -no, not tacturn, just reserved. I like to study people you know. I will write a post about her someday. I actually wrote blog about her although just like many of my writings I did not post it. I don't think I can even still get the writing. I use to write on piece of papers and dump; a sort of bad habit I need to stop this year. Right? And this particular one is more than a year and half ago. I just wonder how I can get it. I know it will be among my archives. Talking of alchives, I do have a Ghana must go bag where all old books of mine go into. I just pray I am not lazy enough not to not try and get it. Hmm, I'm becoming still being a complex writer after my writing instructor, Cherry Pavlick has encouraged me to always write simply. I pray she doesn't read this post.

I feel like dedicating this post to somebody. I actually have corple of persons in my mind. No guy included. They are all girls because only girls are princess, you know. People whom I would say are "down to earth girls" in AUN. Well, by this I mean girls that are beautiful yet very friendly . They do not discriminate. Even when you are on some shabby dress and your shoes aren't polished nor fashionable, they would still not hesitate to befriend you. They take you the way you are. In fact, they all have some unique gift in them. Some just have very good smile and when they smile at you, you would like yourself. So, you see that they are not just princess but "down to earth ones." They know they are princess but they can come down very low and that make me love them with all my heart. I think they understand the sense of the world in every aspect. Well I would blog about this someday. I know the question Oyinda Kossimani is thinking right now (that's if she's reading this now) is whether she is among the "down to earth girls" in AUN? She of course knows that the answer is NO!!!. Well I'm just joking. She is, even though she has laughed at me on two occasions. One was when I sleeped down and fell into the wide drinage between the SAS building and the library under construction on one afternoon when rushing to the cafeteriat during last year's Spring semester. I will blog about this someday also because this post is getting unnecessarily longer than I had anticipated. I would also blog about the books I am reading this holiday particularly our founder's biography titled The Story of Atiku Abubarkar. I just started it and it is very touching. In fact, I am going to buy two copies of the books as gift for some two friends of mine when next I'm going home. I hope to finish it tomorrow or next. Other books I borrowed from our library last week are Barrack Obama's authobiography - the Audacity of Hope, and the award winning Half of a Yellow Sun by the young Nigerian Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. Until I post again, keep being your good self and stay away from trouble. I LOVE YOU.

No comments: