Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A Moment of Reflection


At times one gets home sick while at school. I thought it was only going to be during my first semester but at the end of the second semester, I was home sick again. Eager to see my school daughter, Cynthia Ewemade, but I would not because I was not going home during the summer holiday. I wrote this poem one night when I woke up thinking of her.

Dear one,
Oh my dear one.

Where are thou?
How are thou?
It is six months now
I have not seen you
Yet your blood flows in my vein

Your beautiful blood that irrigates the field
That blood that flows incessantly
Flowing up and down my system
As each day goes bye

It seemed just like yesterday
When I was leaving
When tears ran down your cheek
As if I was leaving forever

But I did assured you
That I was going to come back soom
For that I could not resist not coming here
Because it was a dream come through
A desired change for the better

And after a month
It seemed I would not keet to my promise
As you never saw me
I know you were worried
Just as I am over here
I feel your pain
and hear your cry
As my heart bleed tears daily

If only I can just see your face right now
Wearing that your usual smile on it
I would have feel a bit relieved
But it would be till another six months time

My dear one
Oh, My dear one

No comments: