Thursday, August 23, 2007

Activities for this Up-Coming Semester

As school starts next week, I'm already planing for it. This is a draft of the e-mail I just sent to the Director of Athletics. I met him last week and I was exited to know that our school is having athletics among the sport this semester.

Dear Coach Bello, I am writing to notify you of my interest in AAUN
Athletics.
As I told you, when we met in the Admissions Office the other day, I'm a maraton runner. I should have sent you this e-mail earlier, but I needed to see first if I could still run. So on sunday, i.e. two days ago, I made out to the street of Yola, heeding to Jimeta. I however broke down on getting to Yola run-about after having ran 25 minutes. Some how, I think it is still a nice start as it's been eight years ago since I ran this far. Right now, I really don't know whether to train myself for short distance (to gain speed) instead of for long distance race (to gain stamina). This is because training for long distance race is highly demanding and in this coming semester, I've got lots of activities to engage in. I'm in the school choir, newspaper club, hope to join one of the intra mural football league, engage in work study, have 22 credits to register (which sur-passes the highest number of credits-19, aloud to register in) and with honor in each, joining book club, joining AAUN ACM (i.e. Association of Computer Machinery) and probably engaging in high jump. I am really not very good at the latter but I love it greatly. I could squize out some few miniutes each week preparing for it if available. I may also spend 20 mins every week, playing lawn tennis. Until I hear rom you, Omorx

If it is not obvious, I would let you know that most things here is an exergeration. I really thought I was going to do them. But there is a big difference between what is ideal and reality. Someone could say I am a big dreamer. That's true and I like it. But daily, I strive hard to be an achiever. This is my greatest daily struggle.

No comments: