Thursday, August 24, 2006

UNENTHUSIASTIC HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS

Don't border to ask me why I'm laughing because I'm gonna tell you now.

I just pick a literature book to read this evening, titled spotlight on literature. The first chapter "living and learning" has an entry titled "SOR losers" It is about some high school students who don't like sport and in their junior year they, Ed Sitrow and his friends, managed to slip through without playing a sport. Meanwhile their school requires each student to do at least one sport.

A specila senior soccer team was created just for them when it was realised they never played in any team in their Junior year. Despite encouragement from everyone, including their coach and the school's councelor, the team had lost every game. As a result, there was a great pressure for them to win this game (their last). And when the school newspaper approached the captain for an interview, the he (ED) spoke in a way that looks interesting. Hence, I decieded to post it to my this blog. Excerpt below.

Newspaper: How does it feel to lose every game?
Ed: I never played on a team that won, so I can't compare. But it's interesting.

Newspaper: How many teams have you been on?
Ed: Just this one

Newspaper: Do you want to win?
Ed: Wouldn't mind knowing what it feels like for the novelty.

Newspaper: Have you figured our why you lose all the time?
Ed: They scored more goals.

Newspaper: Have you seen any improvement?
Ed: I've been too busy.

Newspaper: Busy with what?
Ed: Trying to stop their goals. Ha...ha..ha

Newspaper: From the scores, it doesn't seem like you've been too successful with that.
Ed: You can imagine what the scores would have been if I wasn't there. Actually, I'm the talest.

Newspaper: What's that have to do with it?
Ed: Ask Mr Lester (the coach)

Newspaper: No S.O.R. team has ever lost all its games in one season. How do you feel about that record?
Ed: I read somewhere that records are made to be broken.

Newspaper: But how will you feel?
Ed: Same as I do now?

Newspaper: How's that?
Ed: Fine

Newspaper: Give us a preduction. Will you win or lose your last game?
Ed: As captain, I can promise only one thing.

Newspaer: And what's that?
Ed: I don't want to be there to see what happens.

This captain must be stupid, I think. He claims to be the captain yet would not be in that match.
Although this is a fiction, I really wonder if there is somebody who does not like to win. Well if you have found one, post a comment to this blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi - I am definitely delighted to discover this. Good job!